Windows Vista has swapped my drives letters?!

Shadow_07

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Ok I have an old Celeron computer dual booting XP on drive C: and windows 7 on Drive D:, both x86 editions.

Now today I decided to install windows Vista x86 on Drive E:, I clearly recall selecting drive E, Once it was done I opened my computer only to find that Drive E: is now Drive C:, all the content has swapped places too, such everything on C: is now in E: and vice-versa, meanwhile if I go to 7 or XP, all drives are normal and Vista is indeed installed on drive E:, Now can anyone explain this? I tried putting them back with the disk management utility it won't let me because according to Vista, drive C: has Vista on it, Does anyone know a solution to this?

I recall A long time ago a friend of mine said he had a similar problem when he installed windows 7 on his Drive D: but 7 made D: into C: and vice versa, But on XP everything was normal.

Also Vista's boot entry is E:\Windows so I don't understand how its running from drive C: properly.

Please Help.

aramisathei

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012

Review this link: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/change-drive-letters-windows-7.htm

Shadow_07

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Windows Vista will not let me change drive C: back to E: through the Disk Management utility.