[SOLVED] Windows Vista Home and XP - trusted certificate error

aemi

Honorable
Mar 1, 2014
I have an old laptop HP Pavillion G60 and it came with Windows Vista Home Premium.

I did a full windows and drivers update, removed most of the software, and I was planning to use it for youtube & movies and connect to a TV. The picture was not smooth, as it was skipping frames.

So I tried to re-install vista, however, I am getting an error on every website, including youtube, invalid trusted certificate.

I tried to reinstall XP, and I had the same issue, and youtube is not working if I choose to ignore the error.

Also, I am no longer able to connect to Windows Update on both Vista or XP.

Any ideas?

Solution
I suspect that XP and Vista are no longer supported on the web sites you're attempting to connect to. I also suspect that the update servers have been long shut down.

-Wolf sends

Edit: If you're really looking at getting this system back up and running, then I'd either be looking at Windows 7 (Vista drivers should work) or better yet, a version of Linux.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I suspect that XP and Vista are no longer supported on the web sites you're attempting to connect to. I also suspect that the update servers have been long shut down.

-Wolf sends

Edit: If you're really looking at getting this system back up and running, then I'd either be looking at Windows 7 (Vista drivers should work) or better yet, a version of Linux.

Reactions: aemi
Solution