[SOLVED] Windows Vista or 7 on dell inspiron 1501

ItsGamingTube

Prominent
Jun 18, 2021
The guide says that is just vista ready not 7 ready.
So whats better?
Vista or 7 on a old laptop.

On 7 you can install more apps than on vista and xp and my main os on my gaming pc (specs bellow) is win 7

Solution
Windows 10 is super laggy on that laptop so windows 7 is the best choice but i have a problem.
Even nfs porche 2000 is laggy on that laptop

umm, isn’t that like a windows 98 game? Of course i wouldnt be surprised that there would be compatibility issues running such a game on relatively newer hardware and software….

even if you could get it working with workarounds and patches, it may still not perform optimally… hence the term workaround.
Windows 7, even though not even Windows 7 is advisable anymore due to security risks, but Windows 10 doesn't run very well on older hardware.

The "Vista Ready" sticker simply means it was made for XP, but should also be able to run Vista, which wasn't always true either.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
Windows 7 is a better choice than vista, but i would run neither unless you wish to preserve the originality of the hardware or are nostalgic.

i had an hp pavilion with an amd turion 64 x2 that ran perfectly well on windows 10, with an ssd.

ItsGamingTube

Prominent
Jun 18, 2021
Windows 7 is a better choice than vista, but i would run neither unless you wish to preserve the originality of the hardware or are nostalgic.

i had an hp pavilion with an amd turion 64 x2 that ran perfectly well on windows 10, with an ssd.
Windows 10 is super laggy on that laptop so windows 7 is the best choice but i have a problem.

ItsGamingTube

Prominent
Jun 18, 2021
Windows 7, even though not even Windows 7 is advisable anymore due to security risks, but Windows 10 doesn't run very well on older hardware.

The "Vista Ready" sticker simply means it was made for XP, but should also be able to run Vista, which wasn't always true either.
I know but windows 10 will be laggy because of the antivirus,ui,preinstalled garbage adwares,etc.
And if i install and antivirus on it,it will be like installing windows 11 on that laptop.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020

umm, isn’t that like a windows 98 game? Of course i wouldnt be surprised that there would be compatibility issues running such a game on relatively newer hardware and software….

even if you could get it working with workarounds and patches, it may still not perform optimally… hence the term workaround.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS