Question Windows Vista PC

vistagamer6969

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hello every one!
What hardware is being capable of running windows vista 64 bit with aero, of course, very nice and stabile?
I don't want it to be very expensive or a prebuilt since their performance isnt too great...
I want to dual boot windows vista and windows xp and maybe ill try windows 7 (?)
Its just for old games and nostalgia...

vistagamer6969

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
I am thinking at getting 8 GB of ram and a core 2 quad but 775 motherboards in my country arent that good and they are expensive as most of them come în kits with pentiums (Romania)... What about first gen i5s? Any mobo suggestion?

vistagamer6969

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
A motherboard with the P55 chipset and a Core i5 760 should get you Vista supported drivers and decent performance.
You just read my mind... However i really dont know what GPU to choose... Im thinking at gtx 760 but i really want to test some old "smokin'" gtx 285 lol... Anyways what's the best GPU for this build? My games arent that demanding so im opened to new suggestions

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
Hello every one!
What hardware is being capable of running windows vista 64 bit with aero, of course, very nice and stabile?
I don't want it to be very expensive or a prebuilt since their performance isnt too great...
I want to dual boot windows vista and windows xp and maybe ill try windows 7 (?)
Its just for old games and nostalgia...

I see you're in love with Windows Vista and it seems like you cannot forget good memories you have had with it. Me neither. If you end up spending much on an old PC, you will definitely regret it.

Building a cheap Windows 7 PC with new unused hardware would be a better idea and It is probably still possible.

There is a guy who posts helpful detailed videos on YouTube and MSFN about Windows Vista, latest supported softwares, making newer Windows versions look like Vista, etc. Thanks to him, you'll find almost all the information needed.
Here, check out:
Compatible hardware with Windows Vista
Last versions of softwares for Windows Vista

TRENDING THREADS