Question Windows was not propery Shutdown Even though I clicked Shutdown

Oct 28, 2022
When I shutdown my PC and turn it back on, When I check the Reliability History it says that it was not Properly shut down, How to solve this?

Yes, But before It doesn't show in the reliability History that it was not properly Shut down, But now it shows and IDK why

It usually means that the computer didn't shutdown using the Windows Key + Power + Shutdown sequence.

Everytime you press the Power button to force the computer to shutdown or a buggy app caused the computer to restart, you earned a "not properly Shut down" record in the Reliability History.

Oct 28, 2022
It usually means that the computer didn't shutdown using the Windows Key + Power + Shutdown sequence.

Everytime you press the Power button to force the computer to shutdown or a buggy app caused the computer to restart, you earned a "not properly Shut down" record in the Reliability History.
Not an app that forces me to shut down just a Regular click on the shutdown Button in Windows Key, Is it normal though that it records that it was not properly shut down? this never happened before though, whats ur thought about it??

Oct 28, 2022
Try to disable "Fast startup" in your power settings page to see if it helps.
Yes I just did it Shutdowned my PC at 12PM It detected it was not shut downed properly, Then I disabled fast startup Shut downed again today at 1PM, Reliability History did not detect "was Not shut downed properly" at 1PM shut down, So I think its good to go?

Yes I just did it Shutdowned my PC at 12PM It detected it was not shut downed properly, Then I disabled fast startup Shut downed again today at 1PM, Reliability History did not detect "was Not shut downed properly" at 1PM shut down, So I think its good to go?

Yes it's good to go.

Enabling fast startup won't harm your computer, but if you are concerned about the warning messages, you'd better disable it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Another fix is update drivers as it is likely a driver doesn't like how the power modes in windows 10 operates and are not going into hibernate.
If you have an ssd as boot drive, you won't miss having fast startup off anyway.

Reactions: lvt

TRENDING THREADS