Windows will not boot after processor change.

AtomR

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
Good afternoon,

I need your help with a problem that I am currently unable to solve.

For context I work in a company that provides entertainment to cofee houses and bars. The way that we make new machines is we use ghost to copy the disks with the system all ready to use since it would be unfeasable to install all software for each machine we need to work with.
Recently we upgraded from WinXP to Win7 but Win7 does not allow changing motherboard at will. It took a while but I found a solution to that problem. I boot with the windows cd and use a 'dism' add-driver command to add the new motherboard driver and things worked ok.

The problem is that now we have a new computer that is 64 bits. I booted the windows cd, installed the drivers and when trying to boot windows 7 on this new computer the computer just hangs in a black screen. The motherboard logo shows, the disk drives are detected and it just goes black when the windows logo should be appearing. The monitor's light keeps turned on. I've tried the same thing on two 64 bits computers and the problem is the same. I've then tested the disk on another 32 bit computer and it boots. I only have one graphics card (onboard) so the problem is not that the image is showing on another screen or anything.

Anyone has any idea on what I can do to boot t his system in this new computer? I really don't want to have to create a new ghost image for this new computer because it involves the instalation of many different pieces of software.

Thanks in advance.
AtomR

AtomR

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
I will try that. I think the problem though probaly is related to booting a 32 bit os instaled in a 32 bit cpu and then trying to boot in a 64 bit mobo/cpu.