[SOLVED] Windows will not boot.

Aug 17, 2019
Hello all,
I have been having trouble starting windows after getting some new components. I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and liquid cooler. Computer turns on and loads to bios instantly after the ROG logo. I have an ssd that I have had for roughly 6 months and has windows and all my files installed on it already. When I try booting from BIOS, it does not work. My boot menu does not recognize my ssd but BIOS shows that my SSD is connected underneith Storage Information. I am currently trying to reinstall windows from a boot disk that came with my computer, but the disk does not show up underneith the boot menu either. How do I fix this???? Any help is appreciated.

Solution
try to set your motherboard to legacy bios/mode or w.e it's called (should have an option for it somewhere in your bios) and check again
I found something similar to what you told me to look for. I found a mode called CSM Compatibility Mode, which apparently was disabled when I got my new motherboard but was enabled on my old one. Enabling this fixed my issue and I was able to boot everything just fine!!
Aug 16, 2019
try setting your boot device to something along the lines of "USB Harddrive" for some reason if you try to boot to the name of the SSD it doesn't always work.. it's what i had to do to get my SSD to boot properly

Aug 17, 2019
try setting your boot device to something along the lines of "USB Harddrive" for some reason if you try to boot to the name of the SSD it doesn't always work.. it's what i had to do to get my SSD to boot properly
The thing is the boot menu doesnt show a single device. But my SSD is connected. I also tried switching SSD options to AHCI. No dice.

Aug 16, 2019
Will do. I am not home at the moment but when I get back I will let you know how it went. Where should I look for it? I have an ASUS mobo
i think it'd be under your boot menu/settings?
might be called "UEFI/BIOS boot mode" or "Boot Device Control" something along those lines, shouldn't be difficult to find

Aug 17, 2019
i think it'd be under your boot menu/settings?
might be called "UEFI/BIOS boot mode" or "Boot Device Control" something along those lines, shouldn't be difficult to find
Cool. I'll check it out when I can. A friend just told me that your windows data is tied to your motherboard. Since I got a new motherboard could that be there reason it isnt showing? Also one more thing. I cant even boot from my windows install disk.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello all,
I have been having trouble starting windows after getting some new components. I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and liquid cooler. Computer turns on and loads to bios instantly after the ROG logo. I have an ssd that I have had for roughly 6 months and has windows and all my files installed on it already. When I try booting from BIOS, it does not work. My boot menu does not recognize my ssd but BIOS shows that my SSD is connected underneith Storage Information. I am currently trying to reinstall windows from a boot disk that came with my computer, but the disk does not show up underneith the boot menu either. How do I fix this???? Any help is appreciated.
"I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and liquid cooler. "

Did you do a full clean install during this hardware change?

Aug 17, 2019
try to set your motherboard to legacy bios/mode or w.e it's called (should have an option for it somewhere in your bios) and check again
I found something similar to what you told me to look for. I found a mode called CSM Compatibility Mode, which apparently was disabled when I got my new motherboard but was enabled on my old one. Enabling this fixed my issue and I was able to boot everything just fine!!

Reactions: Roxxus
Solution