Windows will not install on SATA m.2 ssd

Nov 11, 2018
I have installed a 500 gb SATA m.2 ssd on my Acer Swift. When I try to install windows 10 on it I select choose another drive, I choose it but then nothing happens. My bios sees the drive as well as widows

Solution
Seen something similar to this awhile back on a standard SATA ssd. Showed up in Bios, but not in installer. Have you tried the DISKPART utility in command prompt from usb installer repair section. This worked for me to get the ssd to show up correctly for installer.
Nov 11, 2018

The drive is listed in the information part of the bios. I’m not sure I know what you mean by what is the other drive, but it’s the original drive in the laptop that has windows installed, the C drive. Windows sees the western digital as the D drive and let’s me open it in file explorer.
Also when I insert a USB windows installer it doesn’t show it in the boot manager

Seen something similar to this awhile back on a standard SATA ssd. Showed up in Bios, but not in installer. Have you tried the DISKPART utility in command prompt from usb installer repair section. This worked for me to get the ssd to show up correctly for installer.

Solution
Nov 11, 2018