Hello everyone!

I have a PC for about two years now - here are the specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X 16-core processor 3.5 GHz
RAM: 32,0 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 ti
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X399-A
WINDOWS 10 PRO 19041.508

PROBLEM:
For about three months now, whenever I start the PC, there is a sound problem. Mouse starts to lag a bit and sound stutters, and it is so annoying that windows restart is a must.

• If I try to restart windows it takes forever before it finally restarts - from 10 - 25 minutes.
  • If I shut down windows, screen goes black, but PC is still running. And I haven´t check for how long it would stay like that.

So for the past three months, I start computer in the morning, log into windows and check for sound stuttering. It happens most of the time. I just
hard reset windows by pushing start button and after that everything works normal.

I have a lot of programs and apps on my computer so it would be great if I can fix the problem without reinstalling windows, because it takes 2 days before everything is
installed on PC - work computer

I belive that if I continue hard resetting PC it would cause damage to my hardware.

What do you think?

Regards

Solution
This is what I've found out on my own.
If you open 'gpedit.msc' in start and activate: Display highly detailed status messages under:
Administrative Templates -> System

... you'll be able to get more info about your shutdown procedure. Use that to give a more detailed description of your reboot problem.
It probably won't help with the rest though and it sounds your reboot problem is caused by a more severe problem.

AtotehZ

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
This is what I've found out on my own.
If you open 'gpedit.msc' in start and activate: Display highly detailed status messages under:
Administrative Templates -> System

... you'll be able to get more info about your shutdown procedure. Use that to give a more detailed description of your reboot problem.
It probably won't help with the rest though and it sounds your reboot problem is caused by a more severe problem.

Solution