Question Windows won’t install tried everything

dazholmes

Honorable
Feb 4, 2016
I’ve spent days trying to install windows 10 for my nephew he’s got a older spec of but all supports uefi his board is msi b450 max with latest bios gtx 1050ti
The board has secure boot uefi and tpm enabled I’ve tried multiple ssd it just won’t install windows it won’t even let me run commands in diskpart it won’t let me create or delete petitions or convert to gpt please someone help I’m left scratching my head after days of trying to figure this out ivf looked at every video and forum nothings worked
I tried the ssd in my pc and it works fine but in this pc it won’t detect windows when I installed it on my pc it won’t detect anything uefi with ssd but it does with usb

it’s not the motherboard as he changed that thinking it would fix the issue my thoughts possibly psu ?
Also I’ve tried new sata cables

51gL17x_d.webp

If I click new it says failed to create a partition
iXJJZ8s_d.webp

When ever I try use any partition commands it says io error

Anyone got any ideas would massively appreciate it at this point

dazholmes

Honorable
Feb 4, 2016
Set secure boot off.
Make sure sata controller is in AHCI mode.

But it looks like you have a faulty drive. Get a new one.
What model SSD - BTW?

secureboot is on its set as ahci
I tried my 1tb adata ssd and it worked booted straight up i then installed the 2nd ssd i tried to install windows on it wouldn't let me do anything with it in his pc i plugged the same ssd into my pc and it works it just wont work with his pc what would cause this? some ssds work and some dont this is strang so ive ordered him the exact same adata ssd as i have!

Colif

Win 11 Master
what happens if you click next on the top screen? Windows should continue on with install from there.

I wonder if running chkdsk x: /f on ssd in the PC that actually sees it will make any difference. (change X to drive letter of ssd)

I’ve spent days trying to install windows 10 for my nephew he’s got a older spec of but all supports uefi his board is msi b450 max with latest bios gtx 1050ti
The board has secure boot uefi and tpm enabled I’ve tried multiple ssd it just won’t install windows it won’t even let me run commands in diskpart it won’t let me create or delete petitions or convert to gpt please someone help I’m left scratching my head after days of trying to figure this out ivf looked at every video and forum nothings worked
I tried the ssd in my pc and it works fine but in this pc it won’t detect windows when I installed it on my pc it won’t detect anything uefi with ssd but it does with usb

it’s not the motherboard as he changed that thinking it would fix the issue my thoughts possibly psu ?
Also I’ve tried new sata cables

51gL17x_d.webp

If I click new it says failed to create a partition
iXJJZ8s_d.webp

When ever I try use any partition commands it says io error

Anyone got any ideas would massively appreciate it at this point

When you enter the diskpart list disk command, does the ssd have an asterisk next to it indicating that it is a GPT disk? If not you would have to fix that first.

Reactions: dazholmes

dazholmes

Honorable
Feb 4, 2016
I tried my main ssd from my pc and plugged it into this pc and it worked by the 2 other ssd will not work at all detects them but cannot do anything with them cannot write read cannot run any command on disk part but they work fine in my main pc this confused the hell out of me why does certain ssd work and some
Don’t for this pc ? The ssd thag worked says ADATA the ones that don’t work with this pc say SDSSDA on them is there any difference? @dwd999 @SkyNetRising @Colif