[SOLVED] Windows won’t startup after installing new mobo and cpu

Jan 9, 2019
I’m a first time builder and, after replacing my mobo and cpu for my pc, windows continues to fail to startup. When I try startup repair it tells me, “Windows cannot repair this computer automatically.” I’ve inserted the windows 7 installation disk into the disk drive but it doesn’t give me any options to use that to repair my pc. Not sure if this helps, but my version of Windows is Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.

Specs:
MOBO: Gigabyte 78LMT - USB3 R2
CPU: AMD FX8350
GPU: XFX R7 260X
RAM: 1 stick 4gb Ballistix Sport by crucial
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+

Solution
Sounds like you are not actually booting off the disk. Look up the boot selection key for your motherboard, put in the disk, turn on the computer, hit that key. Then select the disk with the Windows setup files. You may want to get a new drive for this since a proper clean setup will wipe out the disk.
Jan 9, 2019

How would I reinstall Windows? When I insert the installation disk into the disk drive, it doesn't give me any options to reinstall Windows, it just tries to repair and then says it doesn't.

The screen looks like this:

Startup Repair

Windows cannot repair this computer automatically

If you have recently attached a device to this computer, such as a camera or portable music player, remove it and restart your computer. If you continue to see this message, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Click Finish to exit and shut down your computer.

View diagnostic and repair details

View advanced options for system recovery and support

< Back | Finish | Cancel

Thanks for the help and sorry for taking so long to respond. I'll try my best to watch for a response.

Sounds like you are not actually booting off the disk. Look up the boot selection key for your motherboard, put in the disk, turn on the computer, hit that key. Then select the disk with the Windows setup files. You may want to get a new drive for this since a proper clean setup will wipe out the disk.

Solution