[SOLVED] Windows won't boot after installation of new MB

Oct 30, 2019
Hello everyone!

I've installed today new Motherboard , CPU and memory .
I've installed everything successfully and my bios recognize all of my new components such as my CPU model / amount of memory and etc..
however after I install a new MB I have to format my Windows,
But it won't let me !

It's stuck on the window of my Mother Board with a slogan such as " Gigabyte Ultra durable " however after a few seconds its getting stuck and that's it.
I've tried to mount windows 10 on usb and try to format through it but I receive the same error > I see the windows 10 logo and its getting stuck on loading after about 2-3 seconds.

I really don't know what else to do because all of my connection inside of my computer are well.
I'd be really happy if some one could assist me.

Thanks a lot !

Computer specs:
Intel I7 9800F
Gigabyte Z390
Corsair 8 x 2 ddr4 3200mhz
gtx 1070
1 >120GB ssd
1> 1TB ssd
PSU- Seasonic 620W

Solution
Would help to know what motherboard model you have. Gigabyte has a number of Z390 boards.

My guess would be that BIOS is not set up to boot from your Windows installation media and so it's trying to boot Windows from the current installation (which isn't working). You would need to go into BIOS and change the boot priority to set your USB drive first.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Would help to know what motherboard model you have. Gigabyte has a number of Z390 boards.

My guess would be that BIOS is not set up to boot from your Windows installation media and so it's trying to boot Windows from the current installation (which isn't working). You would need to go into BIOS and change the boot priority to set your USB drive first.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Oct 30, 2019
You have to do a fresh of windows whenever you replace the motherboard this is normal behavior

-Wolf sends

Hey,
Z390 UD 1151 DDR4 Gigabyte is the model.
I've already set my usb as number 1 in the boot order however 2 seconds after I see the windows logo its getting stuck on the loading.

Oct 30, 2019

TRENDING THREADS