Windows wont boot after new install

Jan 5, 2019
Hello, so this is a last ditch effort to fix this problem. this is a long explanation but i will try to keep it to the point.

My buddy is transferring his pc to a new case and every part and piece is working perfectly. He got a new SSD because his old one fried on him, and he bought a new version of windows 10 home in order to install on the new SSD. As his friend i was helping him get everything setup properly and i was going to install windows 10 onto the new SSD.

I made sure the SSD was the only drive plugged in and i inserted the windows USB drive and booted the pc. I went straight to the bios and booted from the usb drive and windows installer popped up. went through the steps and went to custom install, and noticed the usb drive was listed as drive 1 same as the SSD. i clicked on the SSD formatted it and proceeded with the installation. everything went fine windows rebooted, i pulled the usb out when the PC went down and upon reboot we were greeted with "please select proper boot device". i went into the bios and tried to manually boot it from the SSD and.... same message.

At this point i brought the SSD to my computer plugged it it and formatted it from the partition manager. I then repeated the above steps on my pc after unplugging my SSD with all the same results. Still showed USB drive as drive 1 partition 1 and the SSD as drive 1 partition 2. After i tried with my pc i booted my pc with my SSD and checked to see if the new one had anything on it. too my surprise it had everything (as far as i know). PS on occasion any computer will boot directly into the bios.

I have tried installing windows onto this drive from 3 different computers so far with the exact same results. ive made a new windows installation drive from the website to arrive at the same dead end and even tried a different SSD my other friend was willing to give me to no avail.

at this point i am lost and have run out of ideas. 3 different PCs 3 Different bios 2 different SSDs and a new Windows installer USB. We have tried more trouble shooting then what ive said in this post, but due to 3 full days working on this problem im burnt out and cant think of the other stuff at the moment please feel free to ask as many questions and i will answer to the best of my knowledge thank you for reading and attempting to help..

TRENDING THREADS