Question Windows won't boot, pc powers on

midwiz08

Honorable
Mar 11, 2019
hi!

I've recently built a new computer and it's been running fine for a couple of hours until I shut it down for a moment. I wanted to boot it up again but to my surprise nothing happened on the monitor. I cleared the CMOS but it did nothing. it turns on just fine but the hard drive led won't flicker anymore and it won't show anything on the monitor. something similar to this had happened to me in the past with another computer and I just had to let it run for 30 minutes or something but this time that's not the solution. what should I do? any tip would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

throwawayaccnt

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
haha I'm a little desperate, it's not my pc and I have to solve this problem till Tuesday. the motherboard doesn't have any lights. unfortunately, I don't have a buzzer either.
I would do a teardown and reslot & replug everything to be sure nothing is amiss, if you're still not getting a display start looking at possible hardware failures. My first guess would be MOBO or DRAM issues if you can't even get it to BIOS, but without an indicator it's hard to be certain. Is there an electronics store near you that would carry a BIOS speaker? they're cheap little things

midwiz08

Honorable
Mar 11, 2019
I would do a teardown and reslot & replug everything to be sure nothing is amiss, if you're still not getting a display start looking at possible hardware failures. My first guess would be MOBO or DRAM issues if you can't even get it to BIOS, but without an indicator it's hard to be certain. Is there an electronics store near you that would carry a BIOS speaker? they're cheap little things
unfortunately, there aren't any electronics stores near me. I have already disassembled everything but to no avail. this sucks lol