Question Windows won't boot, repair tool stuck at black screen, installer tool stuck at blue screen ?

Apr 15, 2022
I have never seen anything like this before. First, yesterday I choose to update, expecting issues as always cause Windows updates always break something. When restarting, it got stuck on BIOS screen, so I forcefully turned off and back on, it did some things and booted up normally. Next day, starts up normally once again. After several hours I went to open Steam and it wouldn't open, looked it up, says to restart, went to turn off, PC won't turn off, so I forced with the physicial button, and now it's all completely broken. When booting up, it's stuck in the BIOS screen loading forever, if I restart multiple times it tries to start repair tool, and it just gets stuck in a black screen and the mouse cursor works, only thing that appears. Tried multiple times and never got a different results than these, so I went to try to fix/reinstall whatever with the installer tool, and that doesn't work either! It gets stuck in a blue screen, mouse appears and moves normally, nothing else appears, no matter how long I wait. This is insane, I have no idea what else to do

D

Deleted member 362816

Sound to me like your storage is dying. Sometimes bad things happen and it seems like its windows but its not always.

Possible when the update wrote file they got into a bad sector and now can't be read.

Apr 15, 2022
The installer tool is on a USB drive, formatted completely with a clean and brand new install of windows on it, THAT has the same issue, blue screen with a mouse, has nothing to do with my drive, which is a SSD btw.

D

Deleted member 362816

The installer tool is on a USB drive, formatted completely with a clean and brand new install of windows on it, THAT has the same issue, blue screen with a mouse, has nothing to do with my drive, which is a SSD btw.

SSD's can go bad also, They don't always just DIE...... When you launch with the USB where do you think its loads the drivers to? Anyway, I don't know anything.....

Good luck.

Apr 15, 2022
It breaks after I choose to boot on the USB drive, before I choose anything, the installer runs from the drive, no connection to my SSD, which, FIW, I have 2, plus an HD.

D

Deleted member 14196

Then you most likely have failing hardware and you will have to test to find out what component components are failing

Apr 15, 2022
Then you most likely have failing hardware and you will have to test to find out what component components are failing
It goes to the BIOS fine, everything is detected perfectly, my CPU, GPU and ram aren't 3 years old, never overclocked or anything, issue only starts when going to windows, and it can't be my SSD since, like I said, booting from a USB drive has the exact same issue.

Apr 15, 2022
I have never seen anything like this before. First, yesterday I choose to update, expecting issues as always cause Windows updates always break something. When restarting, it got stuck on BIOS screen, so I forcefully turned off and back on, it did some things and booted up normally. Next day, starts up normally once again. After several hours I went to open Steam and it wouldn't open, looked it up, says to restart, went to turn off, PC won't turn off, so I forced with the physicial button, and now it's all completely broken. When booting up, it's stuck in the BIOS screen loading forever, if I restart multiple times it tries to start repair tool, and it just gets stuck in a black screen and the mouse cursor works, only thing that appears. Tried multiple times and never got a different results than these, so I went to try to fix/reinstall whatever with the installer tool, and that doesn't work either! It gets stuck in a blue screen, mouse appears and moves normally, nothing else appears, no matter how long I wait. This is insane, I have no idea what else to do
Fixed, having only the SSD with Windows plugged in allowed the installer tool to actually work for whatever reason, had to format the PC, and as always, a Windows update was the culprit, for no one's surprise.

Reactions: mez0