[SOLVED] Windows wont boot up after using DDU

Emircan

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
First of all hello everyone. I was not experiencing PC problems for a while now and forgot how frustrating they can be. After I learned that uninstalling and reinstalling my GPU drivers may increase its performance, I decided to do that via this program called DDU. While I was doing the procedure, it wanted me to boot up my computer in safe mode, so I did click "restart my computer in safe mode". It normally shut itself down, but couldn't boot up in safe mode. I am not able to get ANYTHING from my monitor except for "no signal". I tried to get to the BIOS but spamming F11 didn't work. I'm guessing it's stuck at the safe mode boot, but I don't know how to fix this since I cannot see a single thing on my monitor. In the image down below, you can see the back of my PC. I normally connect my PC to the monitor with these 2 HDMI's on the right, and I thought maybe I can get some display from my monitor if I'd use the DVI port to connect PC to monitor. Maybe that's how I'll be able to active my onboard graphics card (I don't know why it's disabled in the first place). This DVI cable and a windows recovery USB will be on my hands by tomorrow evening, and when I get this cable, I'll try to do this fixing but I still feel like this isn't my problem and won't fix it. I have to activate my onboard graphics card somehow, and I learned that by removing/plugging in my CMOS battery on the motherboard, I should be able to do that. But I couldn't find the CMOS battery when I searched for it. Any kind of help is really appreciated, and I can upload an image of the inside of my PC, where I couldn't find the CMOS battery on the motherboard.
pNfB93.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Okay, after trying out the DVI cable, I was able to get a display and boot my system in safe mode. Then I restarted and it booted up normally, the DVI cable constantly tried to find a signal from my monitor but failed, then I switched the connection from DVI tı HDMI, and was finally able to see my windows password screen. So, for some reason, my RX 580 was not able to give me display in safe mode, and it failed to use the onboard graphics card, so manually switching HDMI to DVI gave me a display and I was able to 'free' my computer from the safe mode.

Emircan

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
Okay, after trying out the DVI cable, I was able to get a display and boot my system in safe mode. Then I restarted and it booted up normally, the DVI cable constantly tried to find a signal from my monitor but failed, then I switched the connection from DVI tı HDMI, and was finally able to see my windows password screen. So, for some reason, my RX 580 was not able to give me display in safe mode, and it failed to use the onboard graphics card, so manually switching HDMI to DVI gave me a display and I was able to 'free' my computer from the safe mode.

Solution