Question Windows won't boot up

May 5, 2019
Here the problem when i plug my seagate 1 tb hdd my windows won't boot up.when i unplug it windows does boot up and works perfectly fine
Spec
Cpu:Fx-6100
Gpu : Xfx R7 360
Ram 8 GB DDR3
Storage: 500 gb Samsung 860 evo ssd (windows)
1 Tb WD
1 Tb seagate
500gb Hitachi

Colif

Win 11 Master
how old is the drive?

can you see if it works in other PC?

Seagate have an app you can use to test drives but if you can't even start up with it in PC, its going to be hard to test if it works. the signs would be it doesn't work, as one thing PC does at start up is check on the drives, and if drive never replies, the PC just sits there and waits. It will eventually time out but it sure could lead to slow boot times.

could check the cables too, try another data cable maybe

May 5, 2019
how old is the drive?

Seagate have an app you can use to test drives but if you can't even start up with it in PC, its going to be hard to test if it works. the signs would be it doesn't work, as one thing PC does at start up is check on the drives, and if drive never replies, the PC just sits there and waits. It will eventually time out but it sure could lead to slow boot times.

It is probably way too old,the seagate prevents windows from booting up and the WD is not detected in windows but detected by the POST

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sounds like they both dead or on their way out, likely reason why your PC randomly doesn't startup too as dying drives will cause that to happen.

you could try drives in another PC to make sure but they don't last forever... I have had a few die myself, best to retire hdd every 5 years or so.

May 5, 2019
how old is the drive?

I think its time to buy a new pc because this one is already old and need a replacement