[SOLVED] Windows Won't Boot

Sep 21, 2019
Hello I'm new here and I kind of got myself into a bit of a complicated mess. So my laptop was running very abnormally recently and I decided to reset it with "keep files" selected. It all went smoothly until some error appeared that prevented the reset to complete. So the laptop was Undoing Changes and suddenly shut down. I started it up again and it shows "No Bootable Device Was Found". I checked the BIOS and the Boot Priority Order menu is completely empty, I could not make changes to the priority order as there is, as mentioned, nothing there. I tried booting from a USB bootable flashdrive and enabling legacy mode to boot to it, but still doesn't work. I'm in frustration here. I couldn't find similar problems on the internet, maybe I'm the very first one but I don't know. Please enlighten me if you know anything.

Solution
From the last picture, the problem related to the BIOS, for pc you can remove the CMOS battery easily, but for laptop, you get a different story, even you open the laptop, you may have hard time to find it.

You may try remove the cell battery first, then press the power button to draw all the power to see it works or not. If it does not work, try to update the BIOS, but once again, because you can't see the boot priority manual, you may end up you can't do it. So may consider to ask the local PC shop for help.
Try to remove cell battery and the boot device, then install the battery back, boot the laptop without the boot device, if you still get the error "No Bootable Device Was Found" , that means the OS is gone or the boot device has problem.
For reinstall the OS, if you had the recovery USB or disc, use it, otherwise download the OS from microsoft, if you use the windows.
For the boot device, if it is bad buy the new hard drive or SSD, reinstall the OS again.

Sep 21, 2019
Try to remove cell battery and the boot device, then install the battery back, boot the laptop without the boot device, if you still get the error "No Bootable Device Was Found" , that means the OS is gone or the boot device has problem.
For reinstall the OS, if you had the recovery USB or disc, use it, otherwise download the OS from microsoft, if you use the windows.
For the boot device, if it is bad buy the new hard drive or SSD, reinstall the OS again.
Already did that. The BIOS can still see the HDD, but it does not list in the boot menu or the boot priority order. In fact, nothing is listed there, even the recovery usb drive. The main problem here is that the laptop cannot seem to pick a boot drive or even see it even though they are healthy.

From the last picture, the problem related to the BIOS, for pc you can remove the CMOS battery easily, but for laptop, you get a different story, even you open the laptop, you may have hard time to find it.

You may try remove the cell battery first, then press the power button to draw all the power to see it works or not. If it does not work, try to update the BIOS, but once again, because you can't see the boot priority manual, you may end up you can't do it. So may consider to ask the local PC shop for help.

Solution

howtobeironic

Honorable
Jun 16, 2018
Have you tried to burn a Linux-based livecd in the said drive? Try downloading Ubuntu Desktop (LTS version) and burn to USB with YUMI/Rufus (change the program if you are able to boot but get a mount error) then boot that one. For a data-based approach, you might want to remove the drives, pop them into a usb case and see if it's accessible. Your local repair shop should know how to do that, or would take them off for you. Though you'll need the case.