[SOLVED] Windows won't detect my RAM? (stick is fine)

Jun 23, 2016
I've got 2 4gig RAM sticks and overnight, one of my sticks suddenly stopped working. I tried changing its slot, but it didn't appear at all on my Windows (only shows 4 GB). I took it to a tech support shop today and the stick seemed to work just fine for them. Came back home to try it out again and it again didn't work.
I've made sure to seat it properly each time (the PC beeps once and does not start if I incorrectly place it). Running Windows Memory Diagnostic did not reveal any errors. What's the issue here?

Solution
The PC works fine with just one stick. So, I'm guessing one is defective. The problem arose after a power outage that happened last week. Coincidentally, there was a similar outage last night, and when I opened my PC this morning, there was some update that got done, and it showed that I had 8 GB of RAM again. Then, in the afternoon, another power outage happened, and I'm back to 4 now. I'm guessing the power's causing issue for the RAM, if it displayed 8 GB for me, then it probably works right?
Power outage is bad for electronics but I am not an electrician. If the RAM was showing 8Gb and it was working no issue then there is nothing wrong with the RAM.

Also bent socket or CPU pins can cause this issue.
I've got 2 4gig RAM sticks and overnight, one of my sticks suddenly stopped working. I tried changing its slot, but it didn't appear at all on my Windows (only shows 4 GB). I took it to a tech support shop today and the stick seemed to work just fine for them. Came back home to try it out again and it again didn't work.
I've made sure to seat it properly each time (the PC beeps once and does not start if I incorrectly place it). Running Windows Memory Diagnostic did not reveal any errors. What's the issue here?
Does the PC work with 1 stick?
Try both sticks one by one.
If one of the sticks doesn't boot then its defective.

Jun 23, 2016
Does the PC work with 1 stick?
Try both sticks one by one.
If one of the sticks doesn't boot then its defective.

The PC works fine with just one stick. So, I'm guessing one is defective. The problem arose after a power outage that happened last week. Coincidentally, there was a similar outage last night, and when I opened my PC this morning, there was some update that got done, and it showed that I had 8 GB of RAM again. Then, in the afternoon, another power outage happened, and I'm back to 4 now. I'm guessing the power's causing issue for the RAM, if it displayed 8 GB for me, then it probably works right?

Power outage is bad for electronics but I am not an electrician. If the RAM was showing 8Gb and it was working no issue then there is nothing wrong with the RAM.

Also bent socket or CPU pins can cause this issue.

Solution