Question Windows won't install properly ?

Oct 24, 2021
I have a 3070 dell XPS 8940 PC and have since a couple of days ago been having trouble booting it up, it would be stuck in a boot loop and whenever it went into automatic repair mode, after a few seconds the screen would turn black, I didn't know what the problem was as dell diagnostics didn't detect any issues.

So I decided that I would just do a fresh install of windows, so I made a bootable usb but when I plugged it in, it would be loading for a few seconds but then would show a blank blue screen. Interestingly enough when I disconnected my hard drive, while it still won't boot, it comes up differently, whenever I try to boot off my usb it doesnt even get past the windows loading screen and keeps loading and when I try to "automatic repair" it doesn't go into a black screen like it usually does but keeps looping as well.

Lastly, might be irrelevant but when i changed the sata operations in bios from raid to disabled it would allow the windows setup to popup but make it unable to detect a drive.
And its definitely not the fault of the usb, it boots perfectly fine on my laptop.

Thanks, any help will be much appreciated.

Lastly, might be irrelevant but when i changed the sata operations in bios from raid to disabled it would allow the windows setup to popup but make it unable to detect a drive.
Well, this is important to know (but not directly relevant to the original issue) - when you run a harddrive in hardware raid, the raid controller normally put a flag to the hdd. Many operation systems detect this flag and therefore won't install.

What you have to do is to tell the Raid controller that the hdd should NOT be in raid mode, don't just detach the hard drives.

And its definitely not the fault of the usb, it boots perfectly fine on my laptop.
Agree in that.

Since I believe this computer is fairly new, I suggest you take it to the store where you purchased it from. Check if the guarantee may still apply.