Windows wont let me do anything (No Permissions)

FANDASTYC

Prominent
May 8, 2017
Hello Community

I lastly updated my PC to the newest Windows Update (Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134). Since then my Computer thinks that i dont have the Permissions anymore to open / format USB Drives, Mount .iso files. Change / Create folders or Documents in the Documents folder. Even when changing The Permissions in this Security Tab under Properties nothing changed. When trying to open the Documents with a secondary Account it denied my request to open the document anyways. My question is, how can i "undo" this. I'd prefer not to reinstall Windows but if nothing would help I would do it.

Greetings FANDASTYC

Solution
Honestly, I haven't a clue what's going on with your access. You have full local admin rights, so not sure why none of your directories are accessible. Unless you've change the ACL NTFS permission...or got hit with malware/ransomware...

FYI, I'm at Version 1803 (build 17134.167) and I've never experienced that problem before. Something got bugged with your install.

I'd recommend backing up your personal data and performing a fresh format/reinstall with 1803 boot media.

stdragon

Admirable
Open the Computer Management console (search for Computer Management in the search bar).

On the left side of the window under System Tools, expand Local Users and Groups. Expand Groups. Now open up the Administrators group. Just double-check that your account is listed in there.

FANDASTYC

Prominent
May 8, 2017

Did it. My Name is present in this folder

stdragon

Admirable
Honestly, I haven't a clue what's going on with your access. You have full local admin rights, so not sure why none of your directories are accessible. Unless you've change the ACL NTFS permission...or got hit with malware/ransomware...

FYI, I'm at Version 1803 (build 17134.167) and I've never experienced that problem before. Something got bugged with your install.

I'd recommend backing up your personal data and performing a fresh format/reinstall with 1803 boot media.

Solution

pwclift69

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
Download + "Run" A Little "Program"Called "TAKE OWNERSHIP', This Will Give You "Complete ""OWNER-SHIP"Of "ALL Files",Everything, ESPECIALLY,COMPLETE "COMPUTER"(MICROSOFT WILL"HATE' YOU ,BUT,STUFF EM,They Should Have "FIXED THE "PROBLEM,Before You Bought "Operating System"quotemsg=21177616,0,2471184]Hello Community

I lastly updated my PC to the newest Windows Update (Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134). Since then my Computer thinks that i dont have the Permissions anymore to open / format USB Drives, Mount .iso files. Change / Create folders or Documents in the Documents folder. Even when changing The Permissions in this Security Tab under Properties nothing changed. When trying to open the Documents with a secondary Account it denied my request to open the document anyways. My question is, how can i "undo" this. I'd prefer not to reinstall Windows but if nothing would help I would do it.

Greetings FANDASTYC
[/quotemsg]

pwclift69

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017

pwclift69

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
Mate, I Know,It's A Really"old Program",But,"OLD RETIRED "TECHS",LIKE ME,Have Been Using "Take Ownership" For Years.IT SOLVES "ALL "PERMISSION "PROBLEMS" WITH ALL "VERSIONS OF WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!! YOURS WOLFY(Club-Name) Peter