[SOLVED] Windows won't let me reset a PC and I don't have login

Jun 8, 2021
Bought a computer on Craigslist, guy let me take it home without resetting it because he wasn't sure how and trusted me to get it done. Go to reset in advanced boot options and get the classic "There was a problem resetting your PC". Normally I'd run SFC or roll it back to a restore point but I can't do that without this guy's login info. I already whipped up a bootable USB but I'm not sure if or what I can do with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

USAFRet

Titan
Bought a computer on Craigslist, guy let me take it home without resetting it because he wasn't sure how and trusted me to get it done. Go to reset in advanced boot options and get the classic "There was a problem resetting your PC". Normally I'd run SFC or roll it back to a restore point but I can't do that without this guy's login info. I already whipped up a bootable USB but I'm not sure if or what I can do with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
For a used system, you do not "reset".
No reset, no restore point....

Instead, you do a full wipe and reinstall. Remove ALL partitions in the process.
You do not want anything of the previous users in there.