Question Windows won't load after installing M.2 SSD ?

Aug 4, 2021
I got an m.2 nvme ssd yesterday, but after putting it in my PC, windows won't load. Windows will ask me for my pin, but will then just get stuck loading. I haven't done anything with the drive except put it in my computer. I've been trying everything I can all day, but it just doesn't load regardless. It doesn't even load with the drive removed, but It loaded just fine before I installed the ssd.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're going to have to give us more information. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard, assuming you're on a desktop computer and not a laptop...? Please note, that if you have an OS populated on a drive that is on SATA and the M.2 slot nerfs the SATA port due to bandwidth allocation, then that's what your issue might be, Again, we're asking for more information so we're not left flying blind and making assumptions.

Aug 4, 2021
I'm using a Dell pre-built system.
It has a Core i3-9100
It has 8 GB ram
It has a 2 TB HDD that has windows on it, and the SSD I just got is a Crucial P2 500GB.
It has a GTX 1660 super
and it's supposed to be running windows, although I'm currently running Ubuntu off a USB stick.

I don't know much about the power supply, or the motherboard because it's a pre-built.

MOD EDIT: It’s also on BIOS version 1.2.1