Question Windows wont shut down

Benjolol

Prominent
Apr 8, 2020
Windows wont shutdown. Sometime it does shutdown when there are no apps that take alot of disk usage. If someone can help that would be awesome
PS. Ive tried turning off fast boot and changing power plan so yea.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is it windows not shutting down or PC just not shutting down after windows has? What messages do you get at shutdown?

if its the pc not shutting down, you could try resetting bios to defaults as it could be a bios setting conflicting with windows. Try updating BIOS to latest version.

Have you tried safe mode to see if it shuts down normal from it?
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now
should restart win 10 in a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

Benjolol

Prominent
Apr 8, 2020
Well its pc not shutting down after windows. Sometimes it does shutdown and I already have reseted bios settings. PS. my pc is new and all componets are new and compatible. Only thing that i need to try is to enter safe mode. Anyways my pc works fine and normal. Could it be problem because im currently on integrated graphics? Ill move to graphics card in a week or so. Thanks on reply.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have latest BIOS for motherboard?

have you got any extra peripherals attached like a HDD or Printer?

what are specs of PC?

it would be odd if safe mode works as that could mean problem is drivers. I don't know what role drivers have in the logoff process.