Question Windows won't start after upgrade

Jul 18, 2019
Hello everyone!

Today I changed mobo, cpu and cooler of my computer.

These are the current components:

Mobo: MSI Z390 Gaming pro carbon
Cpu: I7-9700k
Cooler: Corsair h100i
Power supply: Corsair Cx750 80 plus bronze (taken from an old PC)
Gpu: gigabyte Gtx 1080
Ram: corsair vengeance ddr4 2666 16GB

At the beginning the computer would boot normally (all leds and fans on), but the monitor couldn't receive any signals. The mobo debugs leds of the ram (slot 2 and 4 from left) and the dram debug led were on. After reinserting the ram the bios launched and it recognized all the devices. Everything looked to work fine and all the debugs led were off.

However, windows does not even lauch: it freezes instantly during loading at the logo. I thought the the issue was with the windows installed in my SSD containing old mobo and cpu drivers (asus a320m-k prime and ryzen 5 1600). I unplugged both the SSD (no memory was plugged) and tried to run windows from a USB stick, but the same problem occurs: after choosing the 64bit version to install, the computer freezes at the msi logo. I also tried with a different ram (hyperx fury 2400 MHz 1x16Gb) but nothing changed.

Thanks in advance,
Federico

Aug 17, 2019
Hello everyone!

Today I changed mobo, cpu and cooler of my computer.

These are the current components:

Mobo: MSI Z390 Gaming pro carbon
Cpu: I7-9700k
Cooler: Corsair h100i
Power supply: Corsair Cx750 80 plus bronze (taken from an old PC)
Gpu: gigabyte Gtx 1080
Ram: corsair vengeance ddr4 2666 16GB

At the beginning the computer would boot normally (all leds and fans on), but the monitor couldn't receive any signals. The mobo debugs leds of the ram (slot 2 and 4 from left) and the dram debug led were on. After reinserting the ram the bios launched and it recognized all the devices. Everything looked to work fine and all the debugs led were off.

However, windows does not even lauch: it freezes instantly during loading at the logo. I thought the the issue was with the windows installed in my SSD containing old mobo and cpu drivers (asus a320m-k prime and ryzen 5 1600). I unplugged both the SSD (no memory was plugged) and tried to run windows from a USB stick, but the same problem occurs: after choosing the 64bit version to install, the computer freezes at the msi logo. I also tried with a different ram (hyperx fury 2400 MHz 1x16Gb) but nothing changed.

Thanks in advance,
Federico
Dude, I have the same problem. I can't believe how accurate my issue is with yours. Could you solve it? Please tell me you did. I'm struggling really hard but nothing happens.