Windows won't start on two separate hard drives.

tonynf89

Honorable
May 11, 2012
I have windows 8.1 on my G drive and windows 7 on my c drive. I've always been able to load either no issues.

Today when my computer woke from sleep mode my mouse wouldn't respond so I reset my machine.

I tried to load into windows 7 but it froze on the starting screen with the animation of the windows (the animation itself froze). I tried system repair and restore and both failed. I figured my hard drive must have corrupted but...

I then tried booting into windows 8.1 on my G drive and that also failed in the same manner. I don't think 2 separate hard drives would fail at the same time.

So my question is what inside my PC could be causing this?

Solution
see if it a bad gpu or ext hardware. start with unplugging all usb devices other then mouse and keyboard. see if one of them is hanging up the pc. if it still locks up then bear bones the pc use onboard video and one ram stick.

tonynf89

Honorable
May 11, 2012

This seems to have worked. The only USB plugs I had in were my keyboard and the port-extension for the usb slot on my keyboard. I unplugged the port extension and plugged that item directly into my PC and it worked.

TRENDING THREADS