Windows won't start properly after windows updates installed.

GFactor

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
Hi,

Over the last couple of months, whenever I try to install a windows update, my Asus N53Jg laptop won't start up properly and it attempts to repair by using a restore point. When it rolls back to the restore point the laptop then works again, however I'm racking up the uninstalled security updates. Any suggestions please?

Apr 14, 2018
You may have to enter safe mode(press F8 while booting up), then head over installed updates, and remove it. You should be fine after but there may be some problem with your device vs that update.

GFactor

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
Thanks people,

Skynetrising - Should I try turning off antivirus while trying to install the update?
77 - I am able to use the laptop as per usual once it does the system restore. However this means I have a functioning laptop but with security updates piling up :( I will try and wait till the March update and just skip the February one and see how that goes.

GFactor

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
Seems to be just the big one.

2018-05 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4103718)

Download size: 221.0 MB - 221.1 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.