Question Windows wouldn't wake up from sleep, although it usually does

MrYossu

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
I usually switch my PC on at the beginning of the week, and whenever I leave (lunchtime, evenings, etc) I press Win+L to lock it. If I'm away from the PC for 20 minutes (or whatever the period is), it goes to sleep. No problem, tickling the keyboard or mouse wakes it up again.

However, I Iocked it earlier as usual, but when I came back about an hour later, it wouldn't respond to the keyboard, or either of the two mice I have (one wireless, and a wired one in case the wired one loses battery). I tried unplugging and replugging the wires (for the keyboard and wired mouse) and the little dongle thing for the wireless mouse, but it didn't help. I tried plugging in an external drive, and I could hear/feel it whirring, although the PC didn't make it's usual noise when a device is plugged in.

Eventually I had to do a hard power down and reboot.

I checked the properties for all three input devices mentioned above, and all three have "Allow this device to wake up the computer" checked. As I said, I lock it and let it sleep at least once every day (sometimes more depending on how long I'm away from it), and it always wakes up fine.

Anyone any ideas? Thanks

In case it helps, here are my specs from Speccy.

MrYossu

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
Forgot to mention that I turned off hybrid sleep to see if that would help, but when I came back to my PC just now, it had done the same thing and I had to pull the power.

Anyone any ideas? Thanks