Windows XP and Philips Acoustic Edge

dwwnole1

Distinguished
May 23, 2001
I'm trying to install Windows XP Pro on my system, and it's telling me my soundcard (Philips Acoustic Edge) hasn't passed Windows Logo testing. Does anyone know what that means? I have no idea, but I'm afraid to continue, because it says if I do it could mess up my system. If anyone has any idea what's going on please tell me. Thanks!

BunnyStroker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
Ignore the message.

I am running several pieces of hardware that aren't <b>officially</b> supported under WinXP with no problems. As long as you have updated drivers from the Philips website (which claim to support WinXP, as far as I know) you will probably be OK. And if worse comes to worse, and the drivers don't work, you can always uninstall them. No big deal; your computer won't explode.

<b>1.4 Ghz AMD T-Bird underclocked to 1 Ghz...just to be safe!</b>

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It means that the driver have not been tested and certified by Microsoft. Most computer have some driver that is not certified by Microsoft.

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That's right.

But damn they need new drivers. Mucho cracklin' in DVD playback w/ powerDVD. Made me go back to Creative.

<b><A HREF="http://www.seti.tomshardware.com/" target="_new">How fast is your PC</A></b>

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
I two have had problems with the Philips Soundcards not being compatible with XP. Hopefully they will fix this issue and get certified, or they will lose a lot of market share to Creative, with does support XP right out of the Box.

If it works for you then don't fix it.

TRENDING THREADS