Windows XP boot problem

Hi,

whenever I install any ATI Catalyst drivers for my Sapphire 9800pro Windows
XP won't boot up sometimes.
After the mem check the screen stays black and after a while the XP comes up
and the blue bar passes about three times and then stops. After a reset
everything works okay.

If the system boots correctly the PC runs rock stable even after hours of
Far Cry gaming.

System info:
- Shuttle SN45G nforce2
- AMD Athlon XP3000+ FSB400
- 512 MB Samsung PC3200 RAM
- 80GB Maxtor HDD
- Sapphire Radeon 9800 pro

Thanks for any information.

Rene

lee

Maybe a issue with your PSU, what PSU do you have? Try another PSU if you
can in your computer see if it resolves it. Also try running a util called
"memtest86" www.memtest86.com run this from a bootdisk and see if any errors
are found from your ram. Could also be your motherboard worse scenerio being
leaking capacitors and such. If you do all the above and still got the
problem i would take the motherboard back and get a replacement.

Later.

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:47:09 +0200, "Rene Ruppert" <rene.ruppert@t-online.de>
wrote:

>:>Hi,
>:>
>:>whenever I install any ATI Catalyst drivers for my Sapphire 9800pro Windows
>:>XP won't boot up sometimes.
>:>After the mem check the screen stays black and after a while the XP comes up
>:>and the blue bar passes about three times and then stops. After a reset
>:>everything works okay.
>:>
>:>If the system boots correctly the PC runs rock stable even after hours of
>:>Far Cry gaming.
>:>
>:>System info:
>:>- Shuttle SN45G nforce2
>:>- AMD Athlon XP3000+ FSB400
>:>- 512 MB Samsung PC3200 RAM
>:>- 80GB Maxtor HDD
>:>- Sapphire Radeon 9800 pro
>:>
>:>Thanks for any information.
>:>
>:>Rene
>:>

-----
Lee.

Hi,

I changed the PSU for testing purposes - no success.
It seems to be the graphics driver. As soon as I remove it I can boot as
often as I like without any lockups. As soon as Catalyst is installed the
trouble begins agein. Older versions or different implementations didn't
help either.

cu

René

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 00:50:29 +0200, "Rene Ruppert"
<rene.ruppert@t-online.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I changed the PSU for testing purposes - no success.
>It seems to be the graphics driver. As soon as I remove it I can boot as
>often as I like without any lockups. As soon as Catalyst is installed the
>trouble begins agein. Older versions or different implementations didn't
>help either.

Omega drivers?
--

Julian Richards
computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

XP Home
L7S7A2 motherboard
Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines with Omega drivers
1 GB RAM
10 GB + 80 GB HDs
CD+DVD/CDRW drives

Hi,

> Omega drivers?

Nope. Where can I get the latest version?

cu

Rene

Hi,

I just wanted to post the solution o my problems: it was the fault of the
Catalyst drivers. Now I'm running te Omega drivers and everything is fine
and the performance even increased.

cu

Rene

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 01:45:31 +0200, "Rene Ruppert"
<rene.ruppert@t-online.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> Omega drivers?
>
>Nope. Where can I get the latest version?

www.omegacorner.com

I don't know why but there seems to be a lot fewer problems with Omega
than ATI (I'm sure that someone will disagree but it does appear to be
a general rule).
--

Julian Richards
computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

XP Home
L7S7A2 motherboard
Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines with Omega drivers
1 GB RAM
10 GB + 80 GB HDs
CD+DVD/CDRW drives

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004

Every time I try to go to www.omegacorner.com I get a page not available....
does anyone else have this problem? I would love to try the omega drivers on
my radeon 9800 pro......

{SFU}Xeon

"Julian Richards" <see@sig.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 01:45:31 +0200, "Rene Ruppert"
> <rene.ruppert@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >> Omega drivers?
> >
> >Nope. Where can I get the latest version?
>
> www.omegacorner.com
>
> I don't know why but there seems to be a lot fewer problems with Omega
> than ATI (I'm sure that someone will disagree but it does appear to be
> a general rule).
> --
>
> Julian Richards
> computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk
>
> XP Home
> L7S7A2 motherboard
> Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines with Omega drivers
> 1 GB RAM
> 10 GB + 80 GB HDs
> CD+DVD/CDRW drives

Randy