Windows XP Comes Integrated into Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkambosha

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009
I don't know, but xp now is so spread even larger than win 95 in the 90s
for me, i hate vista, cause i'm not interested i themes & transparent vista windows.
so I;m sticking to xp, till they ioffer me something worth the hassle of shifting to windows 7

freiheitner

Distinguished
May 7, 2008
That's... interesting. It doesn't seem to say much for Microsoft's claims that Windows 7 will be the best version of Windows ever, if they have to offer a 2-versions-old compatibility layer to entice users to upgrade. Still, it's interesting. It might work.

wikiwikiwhat

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
I bet they are hoping it turns into the backwards compatibility thing that Xbox had. Great feature but afte a while people just really didn't use the feature and just stuck with Xbox 360 stuff. This will happen with Win 7, which is good for it.

G

Thumbs up for this, Will help me to no end in helping my customers transition away from Windows XP! I have installed Virtual PC In Vista with Xp as a default for many customers (Cost is prohibitive though as XP and Vista License needed) so being able to have this integrated into the Windows 7 Professional license is a godsend!

KyleSTL

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Not to mention compatability with devices (read: scanner and printers that will never have Vista drivers, let along W7). This is a pretty good idea, although it underminds the perception that Windows 7 is a quality product, it'll have people asking "Why are they including the legacy (8 years) OS with it? Is the new OS buggy?"

G

Yea and there is 'prolly DOS in there somewhere too.
Dear Lord we'll never get rid of it! :)

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
Mac OSX Panther came with backwards compatibility to run OS9 apps through a virtualization feature. You could either boot into OS9, or run it as a background process to use the apps.

Another great windows feature that Mac paved the way for

But seriously. This was a duh. cudos to microsoft with their XP line for making such a nice OS that made a great upgrade to 2000 for the home user. It's a shame that Vista didn't share the roots

Upendra09

Distinguished
I've gotten used to XP so much that I really don't want test anything new, XP is the original OS and nothing can beat it's stability, after all it has 8 years of patches and SPs in it, and that is what gives it its stability and reliability, nothing can beat it by a longshot.

ahslan

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
wow...this is awesome...is this feature already on the beta versions? cuz i could definitely use this feature to get my chipset and video driver installed properly on my tablet that's running 7068.

Status
Not open for further replies.