Windows xp copy and past function

I would like to copy folders of Photos from a CD to my hard drive and be able
keep the Date of the filder the same as the folders on the CD. I do not
want windows to date the copied folder with todays date.

Keith Kjelland

Hi Keith,

Then you will have to use burning software other than the native burning
engine. There is no means for changing this default behavior. A program like
Nero or Alcohol will allow you to do that.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Keith,
>
> Then you will have to use burning software other than the native burning
> engine. There is no means for changing this default behavior. A program like
> Nero or Alcohol will allow you to do that.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "keithkj" <keithkj @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to copy folders of Photos from a CD to my hard drive and be
> >able
> > keep the Date of the filder the same as the folders on the CD. I do not
> > want windows to date the copied folder with todays date.
> >
> > Keith Kjelland
>

> Rick

That is what I thought, I was hoping that there would be a trick to get
around the default dates.
I do have Nero, but will have to try to figure how to "copy and past " in
this solftware.

Keith Kjelland

> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi Keith,
>>
>> Then you will have to use burning software other than the native burning
>> engine. There is no means for changing this default behavior. A program
>> like
>> Nero or Alcohol will allow you to do that.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "keithkj" <keithkj @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I would like to copy folders of Photos from a CD to my hard drive and be
>> >able
>> > keep the Date of the filder the same as the folders on the CD. I do
>> > not
>> > want windows to date the copied folder with todays date.
>> >
>> > Keith Kjelland
>>

>> Rick
>
> That is what I thought, I was hoping that there would be a trick to get
> around the default dates.
> I do have Nero, but will have to try to figure how to "copy and past "
> in
> this solftware.
>
> Keith Kjelland

Try using InCD. If you have Nero then you can install InCD without requiring
the purchase of a key.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp