Windows XP Crashing - Help me debug Please

Hi,
I have windows xp with sp2 installed on this box. I am very frustrated
with a problem related to crashing. I have 3 hard disk drives connected
in all.

Drive - A
Drive - B
Drive - C

Drive A is primary master installed main os on this drive. Couple of
times I am not able to locate Drive B and Drive C under MY Computer.
:/

Machine just reboots on its own after sometime. It takes 5 minutes oe 5
hours for unoccassional reboots

Please help. Very frustrated with this now happening since 5 days

--
genius_78
genius_78's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=1522

Just curious...
Normal C:\ is root drive of windows, A is floppy drive.
I guess you set your BIOS to boot from Floppy?

"genius_78" <genius_78.1othwj@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
> I have windows xp with sp2 installed on this box. I am very frustrated
> with a problem related to crashing. I have 3 hard disk drives connected
> in all.
>
> Drive - A
> Drive - B
> Drive - C
>
> Drive A is primary master installed main os on this drive. Couple of
> times I am not able to locate Drive B and Drive C under MY Computer.
> :/
>
> Machine just reboots on its own after sometime. It takes 5 minutes oe 5
> hours for unoccassional reboots
>
> Please help. Very frustrated with this now happening since 5 days
>

> --
> genius_78
> genius_78's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=1522
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=94495
> Visit - http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/

Fix your Drive Letters and it will solve your Porblem
A: and B: are reserved for Floppy Drives !
C: and higher are used for Hard Drives.
Your Normal Boot Drive should be C:\
What ever causeed you to change the Drive Assignment is beyond normal
thinking! Don't screw up a computer system with such ABNORMAL drive settings
and then expect Help from a news group. Spend a few bucks on a good Computer
Book (such as Computers for Dummies)
It amases me that you don't place your computer upside down and then post a
question wanting to know why the Computer Label it
unreadable..................
Geeeeesh !

"genius_78" <genius_78.1othwj@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
> I have windows xp with sp2 installed on this box. I am very frustrated
> with a problem related to crashing. I have 3 hard disk drives connected
> in all.
>
> Drive - A
> Drive - B
> Drive - C
>
> Drive A is primary master installed main os on this drive. Couple of
> times I am not able to locate Drive B and Drive C under MY Computer.
> :/
>
> Machine just reboots on its own after sometime. It takes 5 minutes oe 5
> hours for unoccassional reboots
>
> Please help. Very frustrated with this now happening since 5 days
>

> --
> genius_78
> genius_78's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=1522
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=94495
> Visit - http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/

i dont have a floppy drive on my machine.
Drive A, B and C are all hard disk drives.

I have another optical drive Liteon DVD-Writer (but this is offtopic)

Thanks

--
genius_78
genius_78's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=1522
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=94495
Visit - http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/

Genius

The boot drive is generally C by default.. are you just using the letter
allocation as an example or are the drives physically called A, B and C?

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User