Michael

I have Windows XP (Home Edition) and recently found myself somewhere in the
operating system looking at a facility to enable and disable drives (hard
disks, CD, DVD and flash memory). The appearance of the facility was that of
a series of letters from "A" to "Z" (to represent the drives) with a mouse
clickable area to one side to enable or to disable them.

My problem is that due to advancing age and its accompanying memory loss, I
cannot remember where this facility is located within Windows; can some kind
person enlighten me please?

Thanks ........... Michael

"Michael" <m.j.g.williams@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows XP (Home Edition) and recently found myself somewhere in the
>operating system looking at a facility to enable and disable drives (hard
>disks, CD, DVD and flash memory). The appearance of the facility was that
>of a series of letters from "A" to "Z" (to represent the drives) with a
>mouse clickable area to one side to enable or to disable them.
>
> My problem is that due to advancing age and its accompanying memory loss,
> I cannot remember where this facility is located within Windows; can some
> kind person enlighten me please?
>
> Thanks ........... Michael

Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk
Management.

Bobby

Jerry

TweakUI > My Computer > Drives

> TweakUI > My Computer > Drives
>
> "Michael" <m.j.g.williams@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>I have Windows XP (Home Edition) and recently found myself somewhere in
>>the operating system looking at a facility to enable and disable drives
>>(hard disks, CD, DVD and flash memory). The appearance of the facility was
>>that of a series of letters from "A" to "Z" (to represent the drives) with
>>a mouse clickable area to one side to enable or to disable them.
>>
>> My problem is that due to advancing age and its accompanying memory loss,
>> I cannot remember where this facility is located within Windows; can some
>> kind person enlighten me please?
>>
>> Thanks ........... Michael

Jerry;

If you read the OPs question you will quickly realize that TweakUI is not
what he was looking for.
TweakUI is probably not even installed on the OPs computer. The OP was
referring to Disk Management, which goes far beyond the scope of what
TweakUI can do.

Bobby

"NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote:

> If you read the OPs question you will quickly realize that TweakUI is not
>what he was looking for.
>TweakUI is probably not even installed on the OPs computer. The OP was
>referring to Disk Management, which goes far beyond the scope of what
>TweakUI can do.
>
>Bobby

The o.p. said what he saw was "a series of letters from "A" to "Z" (to
represent the drives) with a mouse clickable area to one side to
enable or to disable them."

That bears more resemblance to Tweak UI than it does to Disk
Managment. Disk Management only lists the drives that actually
exist, not the entire alphabet.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP