Windows XP Fax Console problem

I continually find other fax machines that my fax console won't connect with
when sending a fax. After dialing the number, I hear the screech of the fax
at the other end of the line but it never syncs up and eventually my fax
times out and hans up giving me an error message. Yet on other sends,
everything works fine. Are there some fax machines that the fax console is
not compatable with?

There appear to be MANY things the Fax Console has problems with including a
good many perfectly good Fax modems, Cell phones that have Fax modem
capabilities, ISDN adapters with Fax features, VoIP services like Vonage,
and, unfortunately, a number of Fax machines. There's no rhyme or reason,
it just works that way. The best you can do from your end is to make sure
you're using a Fax modem listed in the Hardware Compatibility List and that
you have the latest drivers for it.

Windows XP Hardware Compatibility
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"tjbailey" <tjbailey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I continually find other fax machines that my fax console won't connect
with
> when sending a fax. After dialing the number, I hear the screech of the
fax
> at the other end of the line but it never syncs up and eventually my fax
> times out and hans up giving me an error message. Yet on other sends,
> everything works fine. Are there some fax machines that the fax console
is
> not compatable with?

Thanks for your reply Hal, I suspected as much. Am I stuck with fax console
or are there other 3rd party computer fax vendors that will work?

"Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U]" wrote:

> There appear to be MANY things the Fax Console has problems with including a
> good many perfectly good Fax modems, Cell phones that have Fax modem
> capabilities, ISDN adapters with Fax features, VoIP services like Vonage,
> and, unfortunately, a number of Fax machines. There's no rhyme or reason,
> it just works that way. The best you can do from your end is to make sure
> you're using a Fax modem listed in the Hardware Compatibility List and that
> you have the latest drivers for it.
>
> Windows XP Hardware Compatibility
> http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-S/U -- WA7BGX
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "tjbailey" <tjbailey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I continually find other fax machines that my fax console won't connect
> with
> > when sending a fax. After dialing the number, I hear the screech of the
> fax
> > at the other end of the line but it never syncs up and eventually my fax
> > times out and hans up giving me an error message. Yet on other sends,
> > everything works fine. Are there some fax machines that the fax console
> is
> > not compatable with?

Here are two (though I'm not sure the second is still supported):

http://www.faxtalk.com/
FaxTalk Messenger Pro
www.pigeonline.com
Pigeon Mail n Fax