Windows XP has got very S L O W

Over the last few weeks I have noticed my computer has got very slow
indeed.

I am running Windows XP Home SP2 with loads of spare disk space and
128 MB RAM

I have defragged, scanned for virus and slimmed down my temporary
files all to no improvement.

Has anyone any ideas?

You have probably been infected with spyware.
Get SpyBot Search and Destroy www.safer-networking.org
and Ad-Aware SE Personal www.lavasoftusa.com
These are free. Download and install them, run their
updates and then scan your computer.
Also update and run a full system anti-virus scan on all
files.

And spend a few bucks and add a 256 MB RAM stick.

"John Bradbury" <jb@j-brad.com> wrote in message
| Over the last few weeks I have noticed my computer has got
very slow
| indeed.
|
| I am running Windows XP Home SP2 with loads of spare disk
space and
| 128 MB RAM
|
| I have defragged, scanned for virus and slimmed down my
temporary
| files all to no improvement.
|
| Has anyone any ideas?

Spyware and malware can seriously affect the performance of your computer..
download and run these programs..

SPYBOT 1.3 download.. http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

AdawareSE.. http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Omega Killer.. http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=252

Also have to mention RAM here.. 128mb really is not enough.. consider 256mb
or better still if you want good performance, 512mb..

"John Bradbury" <jb@j-brad.com> wrote in message
> Over the last few weeks I have noticed my computer has got very slow
> indeed.
>
> I am running Windows XP Home SP2 with loads of spare disk space and
> 128 MB RAM
>
> I have defragged, scanned for virus and slimmed down my temporary
> files all to no improvement.
>
> Has anyone any ideas?

John;
Start here:

Also, at least doubling the memory to at least 256mb may also improve
performance.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/