Windows XP Home Edition SP 2

Hiya,

How do you disable an account in Windows XP Home Edition SP2. I am also
having trouble with finding the password for the Owner account. My account
has admin priv's, but in the Home Edition, it is not the same as in the XP
Professional Version....

Any help from y'all, would be greatly appreciated. Thanx for the assist.
Hope to hear from y'all soon. Bye for now.

J. Ilao
jstthebsx@hotmail.com

Malke

J. Ilao wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> How do you disable an account in Windows XP Home Edition SP2. I am
> also
> having trouble with finding the password for the Owner account. My
> account has admin priv's, but in the Home Edition, it is not the same
> as in the XP Professional Version....

I don't know if you can disable an account in Home Edition. Why not just
delete it? To get to the normally hidden Administrator account in Home,
start the machine in Safe Mode.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

J. Ilao wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> How do you disable an account in Windows XP Home Edition SP2. I am also
> having trouble with finding the password for the Owner account. My account
> has admin priv's, but in the Home Edition, it is not the same as in the XP
> Professional Version....
>
> Any help from y'all, would be greatly appreciated. Thanx for the assist.
> Hope to hear from y'all soon. Bye for now.
Hi,

You can use net.exe to do this.

Open a command prompt (Start/Run --> cmd.exe)

Then type this in the command prompt:

net.exe user "some user" /active:no

Replace "some user" with the user name you want to disable (you need
to use quotes if there is a space in the user name)

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: