windows XP moved to another computer but not working.

I have two computers. One computer has a big hard drive with
windowx xp load. I put that hard drive to other computer but
it does not bootup. I usually know how to fix most problems by
myself but this time I can't figure out anything wrong.
It seems me that the new computer with pre-loaded windows xp
OS refuse to load. I believe it's about the Partition Manager system
that new computer can't recognized. This hard drive has a
Partition Manager installed that somehow new computer can't
recognize the partition. Does anyone has this experience?
Or that it is about new device driver from new computer that the
windows Xp can't recognize during boot up. do I have to setup again?

peter

> I have two computers. One computer has a big hard drive with
> windowx xp load. I put that hard drive to other computer but
> it does not bootup. I usually know how to fix most problems by
> myself but this time I can't figure out anything wrong.
> It seems me that the new computer with pre-loaded windows xp
> OS refuse to load. I believe it's about the Partition Manager system
> that new computer can't recognized. This hard drive has a
> Partition Manager installed that somehow new computer can't
> recognize the partition. Does anyone has this experience?
> Or that it is about new device driver from new computer that the
> windows Xp can't recognize during boot up. do I have to setup again?

It looks that those two computers have different HALs.
Backup your data and reinstall XP.

<mmdir2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> I have two computers. One computer has a big hard drive with
> windowx xp load. I put that hard drive to other computer but it does
> not bootup. I usually know how to fix most problems by myself but
> this time I can't figure out anything wrong. It seems me that the
> new computer with pre-loaded windows xp OS refuse to load.

Thats not unusual at all with XP, the motherboard has to
be quite close chipset wise to be able to move the boot
drive between two PCs and have it boot in the second PC.

Just boot the XP CD, proceed as if you were going to do
a new clean install of XP and it will eventually ask you if you
want to repair the existing install. Say yes, and that should fix it.

> I believe it's about the Partition Manager system that new computer
> can't recognized. This hard drive has a Partition Manager installed
> that somehow new computer can't recognize the partition.

Thats unlikely.

> Does anyone has this experience?

> Or that it is about new device driver from new computer
> that the windows Xp can't recognize during boot up.

Yes, thats almost certainly the problem.

> do I have to setup again?

Yes, no, just repairing the existing install will get the right drivers now.

"Peter" <peterfoxghost@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>> I have two computers. One computer has a big hard drive with
>> windowx xp load. I put that hard drive to other computer but
>> it does not bootup. I usually know how to fix most problems by
>> myself but this time I can't figure out anything wrong.
>> It seems me that the new computer with pre-loaded windows xp
>> OS refuse to load. I believe it's about the Partition Manager system
>> that new computer can't recognized. This hard drive has a
>> Partition Manager installed that somehow new computer can't
>> recognize the partition. Does anyone has this experience?
>> Or that it is about new device driver from new computer that the
>> windows Xp can't recognize during boot up. do I have to setup again?
>
> It looks that those two computers have different HALs.
> Backup your data and reinstall XP.

No need, thats what the Install in Place does.