Windows XP pro- no desktop!

kayn

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2002

Hi, I just installed windows XP pro and I don't seem to have a desktop or
taskbar! I have no idea why this happened and how it can be fixed. Can anyone
help?

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 10:49:02 -0800, kayn wrote:

> Hi, I just installed windows XP pro and I don't seem to have a desktop or
> taskbar! I have no idea why this happened and how it can be fixed. Can anyone
> help?

It's normal for the desktop to be devoid of icons except the Recycle Bin.
It's not normal for the taskbar to be missing. If you press Ctrl+Esc or the
Windows key, does the start menu pop up? If yes, use the mouse to resize
the taskbar so that it is visible.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User