Windows XP & Sound Blaster Live! Value

G

I just installed XP, everything works great, except my sound is crackily. Say I am playing an mp3 and then open some program, the sound becomes normal and clear when this happens but once the computer has stopped thinking and the usage goes back to 0% or whatever, the sound gets crackily again. I have no idea what the hell is causing this, everything is plugged in correctly.

Thanks.

Makaveli

Splendid
Hey, Have a friend how is having the same problem with his SoundBlaster Live Value. I didn't really notice it to much cause I lowed my Sound card to standard acceleration from Full in Dixect Tab. But it is still there sometimes so I'm buy either the New Audigy or The Santa Cruz. Heard both work good with Windows XP(which I am running)and better sound quality.

G

I will lower my acceleration to standard from full and then look into getting a new sound card. Thanks for your help.

FatBurger

Illustrious
You are both probably using the Via 686b Southbridge. Both Via and Creative know about this incompatability. Via is trying to fix it, Creative is sitting on their hands, doing nothing.

My advice: stay away from Creative.

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>

FatBurger

Illustrious
It doesn't matter which CPU you have, it's a motherboard chipset problem. The Via 686b southbridge conflicts with the Live series (and the Audigy series, actually).
What motherboard do you have?

<font color=green>I post so you don't have to!
9/11 - RIP</font color=green>

Makaveli

Splendid
Yes I have an athlon but that's not the problem it's the 686B southbridge on my KT133A motherboard. Not getting a DDR board until the KT266A is more available. Probably pick one up around Christmas. So anyways, Don't have time for the Fix and crap that don't work so i'm getting a Santa Cruz heard sound quality was better.

<A HREF="http:////www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=9802" target="_new">http:////www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=9802</A>