WIndows XP SP2 recovery disk

Hi. I have SP2 installed on my system, but I've been trying to make a
Windows XP Pro SP2 recovery disk. Didn't get far, was wondering if
someone here could help. Here's what I did:

mkdir c:\xp
[drag/drop all files from Windows XP Pro CD volume "XPpSP1A v1-3" to
c:\xp]
mkdir c:\sp2
copy d:\xpsp2.exe \sp2 (from SP2 CD)
cd \sp2
xpsp2.exe /integrate:c:\xp

The files extracted, then I got a dialog box. Something about cannot
integrate files to a system that already has integrated files. Now
what? Any advice would be appreciated...Dennis

Byte

Download Autostreamer 1.0.33 - Basically, all it really needs is a source
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Autostreamer.shtml

"Dennis Allen" wrote:

> Hi. I have SP2 installed on my system, but I've been trying to make a
> Windows XP Pro SP2 recovery disk. Didn't get far, was wondering if
> someone here could help. Here's what I did:
>
> mkdir c:\xp
> [drag/drop all files from Windows XP Pro CD volume "XPpSP1A v1-3" to
> c:\xp]
> mkdir c:\sp2
> copy d:\xpsp2.exe \sp2 (from SP2 CD)
> cd \sp2
> xpsp2.exe /integrate:c:\xp
>

> The files extracted, then I got a dialog box. Something about cannot
> integrate files to a system that already has integrated files. Now
> what? Any advice would be appreciated...Dennis

I made a new c:\xp, making sure system/hidden files were available.
Extracted xpsp2.exe and ran update.exe -sc:\xp. Same result:. Message
saying cannot integrate to an already integrated copy of XP. I
guesising either because my original XP CD is SP1 or because of all the
windows updates I received over the Internet.

Question. Will Autostreamer slipstream SP2 onto a XP SP1 CD?

"Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Download Autostreamer 1.0.33 - Basically, all it really needs is a
> source
> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Autostreamer.shtml
>
> "Dennis Allen" wrote:
>
>> Hi. I have SP2 installed on my system, but I've been trying to make
>> Windows XP Pro SP2 recovery disk. Didn't get far, was wondering if
>> someone here could help. Here's what I did:
>>
>> mkdir c:\xp
>> [drag/drop all files from Windows XP Pro CD volume "XPpSP1A v1-3" to
>> c:\xp]
>> mkdir c:\sp2
>> copy d:\xpsp2.exe \sp2 (from SP2 CD)
>> cd \sp2
>> xpsp2.exe /integrate:c:\xp
>>

>> The files extracted, then I got a dialog box. Something about cannot
>> integrate files to a system that already has integrated files. Now
>> what? Any advice would be appreciated...Dennis

Hi. Installed the VB6 runtimes. Tried to run autostream. When I
insert my Windows CD, [D:] shows up as 670Mb, but unknown OS & unknown
build. Even after selecting XPSP2.EXE as my slipstream file,
autostreamer does not allow me to [Next].

I have a Windows XP Pro CD (volume label XPpSP1A v1-3) that came with my
Gateway computer. I believe it's a modiifed CD, which explains why
update.exe displays a 'already integrated' message and why autostreamer
won't let me proceed. I guess there's no way for me to make a
slipstream CD.