Windows XP Spool File Name

Bob

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Hi,

I've seen this question asked in a few places but not found an answer.

Does anybody know how I can determine the physical spool file name
attached to a specific job on the spool queue?

On Windows 2000 it's built from the JobId but that is not the case on
XP. I know I can get XP to revert to the old naming convention by
setting Keep Printed Documents to True but I don't really want to have
to impose that restriction on customers.

I've checked the API for JOB_INFO_x structures but they don't seem to
have a field containing the spool file name.

Many thanks for any help you can offer,
Bob.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

Set the spooler option "Keep Printer jobs". This will change the spoolfile
name to Win2K style <JobId>.spl eg. 00002.SPL

-Kiran

"bob" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've seen this question asked in a few places but not found an answer.
>
> Does anybody know how I can determine the physical spool file name
> attached to a specific job on the spool queue?
>
> On Windows 2000 it's built from the JobId but that is not the case on
> XP. I know I can get XP to revert to the old naming convention by
> setting Keep Printed Documents to True but I don't really want to have
> to impose that restriction on customers.
>
> I've checked the API for JOB_INFO_x structures but they don't seem to
> have a field containing the spool file name.
>
> Many thanks for any help you can offer,
> Bob.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

The only other workaround is to change the default spool directory to
something other than the default value. This will result in the spool file
naming reverting to the W2K format.

- Ashwin