WINDOWS XP SUCKS!-HARD TRUTH!

ANGEL14

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
yes the truth is that WIN XP sux! big time! first of all there are some irritating compatibility flaws... for e.g when i was using win2k i chked the compatibility for winxp it didnt show any major problem as for few little proggies that was ok....BUT when i upgraded it to WIN XP it said that it was not compatible with my modem(MOTOROLA SM56PCI) which was a major blow! and the damn thing said that u should chk for the drivers on the website but helllooooooo how am suppose to connect without my modem working! duh! so i had to again format it and install win2k which BTW rocks! among all the wins.
and another thing the interface also sucks it looks like wall of TOYS-R-US store! all bright and colourful i mean what the hell is that are we suppose to entertain lil kids with it or what!
phew! that was a bad experience !

wt bout u?

hammerhead

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Is that the thundering of an O/S war appoaching? Nah...

I'm still sitting on the fence, dual-booting 98se and XP on one machine, 98se and 2000 on another. So far XP has been fine for me, no issues at all (and yeah, I even like the interface).

So XP 'sux' 'cos you don't like colours and you've got a driver issue with a POS modem.

How lame <b><i>is</b></i> that?

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Sorry, I had to change the title. Anyway, I completely disagree. WinXP is faster and more streamlined in many places than Win2K. Obviously compatiblity isn't 100% but everything works on my system and it's 100% stable and games run perfectly. I couldn't be happier.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I know one thing MOTOROLA SM56PCI is one of the shittiest Modems and to boot Motorola dont make modems anymore. You should upgrade. Here why I think the Motorola SM56PCI so crappy. When I had to get the drivers for the modem when I was going to reinstalled windows 98. You could not find them. Looking on Motorola site Nothing listed. And too boot you dont get a very good kps speed. That what you get for crappy hardware.

Agreed AMD. I've been quite happy with Windows XP, happier than I've ever been with any other version of Windows. Win 2000 is good, but a lot of my games had either minor issues or simply would not install. Windows XP has yet to disappoint me.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

Fuzz009

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2001
yep xp rules..At first i had some problems with cs. But now all is solved..I will never go back.

U have to expect a few problems when you go from old technology to new!

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
if you disable all them candyland, colorful, girlscout interface, xp isnt all that bad...i just like it cuz it has drivers for most of my hardware (ie, sb live!, NIC, etc).
but i still like 2k better...

:mad: <A HREF="http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2096468" target="_new">P4 + SDRAM</A> = <b>BAD</b> :mad:

G

As far as Os go 2k (with sp2) is by far the best to this point. XP has it's bugs, but they are continually working them out and XP will be the most supported OS in the future. Also I hope that when u say upgraded that you mean that you formated 1st and then did a clean install. Otherwise, expect issues, with any OS. I run XP on one of my machines at home and have had no issues at all. I wouldn't go giving up on it comepletely, good luck.

whateva

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
ok,Windows XP sucks because it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO slow and it deleted ALL my things on it ,i just wanna throw it outside the window and nuke it :fou: and it when i try to open i file it says:"we cannot find this file please check agian" when i checked it i saw it and it said the SAME FRIGGIN' THING!!! the last thing i have to say is...........WINDOWS SUCKS,GO MAC!!!! :D

Dude! Where did you dredge up this thing?? It's the best old-time post anybody has ever revived. :lol:

I'll bet ANGEL14 (OP) is eating dirt right about now. Must have been a real shocker to learn modern video cards won't work with Win2k. :(

If you are having a problem with your XP, start a new thread and describe what you have and how it's letting you down.

If you are *Really* going to switch to a Mac, then I hope you have signed a recent organ donor card, a Mac is going to make you want to do more than just nuke your computer...
icon03.gif

I like Xp, and anybody that doesn't like XP.. Well...
fu.gif