Can windows XP ome edition be upgraded to XP meiad center edition

peter

Since Media Edition is not sold seperately but only in "media Edition Computers"
how are you aiming to accomplish this???
peter
"bankas" <bankas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can windows XP ome edition be upgraded to XP meiad center edition

Hi,

It is now sold separately, but I don't believe it is being sold as an
upgrade, but rather as an OEM clean installation (no upgrading).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"peter" <peter@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
> Since Media Edition is not sold seperately but only in "media Edition
> Computers" how are you aiming to accomplish this???
> peter
> "bankas" <bankas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Can windows XP ome edition be upgraded to XP meiad center edition

This must be a new [very, very recent change]. I have not yet seen it
being offered for sale anywhere at all + a recent visit to the Microsoft
site [within the past week] did not reveal this change. I do not want
it but others appear interested.
Gene K

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is now sold separately, but I don't believe it is being sold as an
> upgrade, but rather as an OEM clean installation (no upgrading).

Hi,

You have to pick it up through an OEM dealer, there are (at least as far as
I know there are) no retail distributions.

--

bankas wrote:
> Can windows XP ome edition be upgraded to XP meiad center edition

No, it can't. WinXP MCE is available to the general consumer market
only as on OEM product on specifically designed systems.

Windows XP Media Center Edition Home
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ehome/default.asp

--

Bruce Chambers