WINDOWS XP - USB PROBLEM.

Help, I'm using winxp pro on my ADM-1800+ computer. While using my
computer last night I accidentally deleted some drivers that caused my
computer to constantly reboot. I think this is an easy fix, I've been
trying to repair my OS. However, I've been using a USB keyboard and
when my computer reboots all I can access is my BIOS, and my keyboard
doesn't respond in windows to order my system to boot off of my CD-ROM.
It seems like windows has disabled my USB keyboard, causing my computer
to constantly reboot. Also, it appears to be that the BIOS version of
my motherboard (MSI-K7N420 Pro) is out-dated and doesn't allow me to
enable USB Keyboard in the BIOS and because windows disables PS2
connectors for keyboards when you use USB, I can't do anything to
select safemode, or anything. Please assist. I would like to know what
I can do to make this work. Do you recommend a BIOS update and is this
easy, and will it work without me being able to access windows.

Soke2001 wrote:
> Help, I'm using winxp pro on my ADM-1800+ computer. While using my
> computer last night I accidentally deleted some drivers that caused my
> computer to constantly reboot. I think this is an easy fix, I've been
> trying to repair my OS. However, I've been using a USB keyboard and
> when my computer reboots all I can access is my BIOS, and my keyboard
> doesn't respond in windows to order my system to boot off of my
> CD-ROM. It seems like windows has disabled my USB keyboard, causing
> my computer to constantly reboot. Also, it appears to be that the
> BIOS version of my motherboard (MSI-K7N420 Pro) is out-dated and
> doesn't allow me to enable USB Keyboard in the BIOS and because
> windows disables PS2 connectors for keyboards when you use USB, I
> can't do anything to select safemode, or anything. Please assist. I
> would like to know what I can do to make this work. Do you recommend
> a BIOS update and is this easy, and will it work without me being
> able to access windows.

Learn some damned patience! Posting again an hour after the first time isn't
going to get you assisted any quicker - quite the opposite as people will
think you need to learn some manners.
on salads.

Actually, this was not done on purpose... I'm new to "group" and don't
know what happened. It wasn't on purpose though. Maybe you should be
more understanding and patient as well. If you don't feel like making a
suggestion, just don't make it.

TRENDING THREADS