Question Windows XP VM can only connect to Bing

dave_767

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
I have a Windows XP Virtual Machine, and the only website it can connect to is Bing. I can search things fine, but if I try to connect to anything other than Bing, it doesn't connect. How can I solve this?

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
If you have set the network on the VM to use NAT it should be OK as far as DNS is concerned.

The default browser on XP was IE 6 if memory serves right. That is probably the problem. Install another newer browser which is known to work with that XP service pack.

Jun 26, 2019
I have a Windows XP Virtual Machine, and the only website it can connect to is Bing. I can search things fine, but if I try to connect to anything other than Bing, it doesn't connect. How can I solve this?
Windows xp comes with internet explorer 6. This browser doesn't support TSL and newer technologies, but many webpages, almost all, require you those to display. I recommend you downloading New Moon browser, a firefox fork updated with the lastest version of TSL and webgl support.

link: http://rtfreesoft.blogspot.com/search/label/browser
the version you want is the "NM28XP build"
you'll need to download that browser from other operating system since ie6 won't load it.

luck.

I probably should have explained this better. Firefox continues to support XP with it's esr (extended support release) program updates; as I said the latest is 52.9 and it supports most newer web technologies. You can either download Firefox ver 52.9, or download an earlier version click on Help>About Firefox and Firefox will upgrade your version to the most recent that supports XP and put you on their esr "channel", meaning as long as Firefox continues it's esr program, it will upload to you the newest version of Firefox that supports 32 bit XP.