Windows XP will not start up

jules

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

I have an laptop that keeps looping at startup. I cannot
boot in Safe Mode, I cannot boot off an XP CD. I booted
up a desktop with this as a salve hard drive. The Hard
drive is found but when trying to access it I get "the
process can not access the file because another process
has locked a portion of the file"

Any suggestions?????

Why is it looping at startup? Did you recently install anything like
maybe Service Pack 2? You can try putting it back in the laptop, put
your XP CD in the CD ROM drive, and boot off it (may require changing
settings in the BIOS). Choose to install Windows, it will find the
existing installation and offer to repair it, press R to repair and now
it should fix the looping cycle ;)

----
Nathan McNulty