Windows XP ----------> Windows 8 = Error?

TheMagicalManiac

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
So this is the case,
I am currently running on XP right thinking I could use this:
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msaus/en_AU/pdp/Windows-8-Pro-Upgrade---Student-Offer/productID.272005100 (Windows 8 Pro Upgrade Student)

It's still available and all but if I get it I'm not sure if it would run because Windows 8 Upgrade assistant keeps saying that "Windows 8 isn't available for download". I have heard this is because Windows 8.1 has been released but unfortunately only the 8.1 pro upgrade is available (and is not compatible with XP, only 7 and I have no spare copies of 7 laying around). I have also heard that you can put the program in compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3 but I am running SP3 so that's going to be a bit hard to do.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
You will need to do a clean install of this. It is the only way. If you had windows 7 then yes you could go to 7 then 8 but that is a lot of junk cluttering up your hdd. Just make backups of what you need and install fresh.

frillybob101

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
You will need to do a clean install of this. It is the only way. If you had windows 7 then yes you could go to 7 then 8 but that is a lot of junk cluttering up your hdd. Just make backups of what you need and install fresh.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS