Windows XP x64 drivers

I just got the evaluation version of Win XP x64, but none
of the drivers I already have for my hardware will work,
so I can't install them. I'm mainly talking about my
network card (Marvell 88E8001 Gigabit LAN controller) and
my sound card (ADI AD1980 SoundMax). I can't get these two
devices to work at all. I'm also interested in installing
updated drivers for my graphics card (Sapphire ATI Radeon
9200 256MB) so I can take full advantage of its Direct3D
and OpenGL capabilities, and processor (AMD Athlon 64
3200+) because even though I have already noticed a
tremendous performance boost, the driver for it that was
automatically installed by Windows does not seem to
support Cool 'n' Quiet. So basically I need 64bit versions
of those drivers, or a way to use my 32bit drivers. PLEASE
HELP!!!

You'll have to contact the various manufacturers and see if they have
written 64 bit drivers yet. It is their responsibility to write drivers for
their respective hardware devices.
www.coribright.com

<super_nic2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just got the evaluation version of Win XP x64, but none
> of the drivers I already have for my hardware will work,
> so I can't install them. I'm mainly talking about my
> network card (Marvell 88E8001 Gigabit LAN controller) and
> my sound card (ADI AD1980 SoundMax). I can't get these two
> devices to work at all. I'm also interested in installing
> updated drivers for my graphics card (Sapphire ATI Radeon
> 9200 256MB) so I can take full advantage of its Direct3D
> and OpenGL capabilities, and processor (AMD Athlon 64
> 3200+) because even though I have already noticed a
> tremendous performance boost, the driver for it that was
> automatically installed by Windows does not seem to
> support Cool 'n' Quiet. So basically I need 64bit versions
> of those drivers, or a way to use my 32bit drivers. PLEASE
> HELP!!!

We had the same problem especially with the ATI Radeon 9200 Card. We
tried all of the "experimental" drivers for XP x64 that ATI had and
never could get any of them to work, we ended up changing out the card
to an nVidia Geforce 64mb card which we pulled from our other machine,
nVidia is definately with the program with their new drivers and way
ahead of ATI.
So my suggestion would be to go nVidia at least they will offer support
on their 64-bit drivers and they actually work! Unfortunately that
means buying a new card (we're doing the same) but at least where we
can buy them from will buy our ATI cards off of us if we want. Also
from what I have been hearing don't expect ATI to come out with drivers
that function properly and that they will offer support on until way
after the public release of WinXP x64.

--
sunnypie