windows10 with I.E11..will not open web sites. I get "long script" or "reload web site"

AzBaby boomer

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015
Problem for 4 months. I open computer..go to Google news..click a headline and get 2 messages. The first reads website won't load because of "long running script"..next comes..web page will not load.."reload web page"..Never loads and messages go on until I hit some number and everything cancels. I would love some help..keep in mind I have tried every tip and nothing works.

Solution

g-unit1111

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from AzBaby boomer : "win 10/ I.E. 11 will not download web sites/pages"

g-unit1111

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from AzBaby boomer : "Win 10 with I.E. will not download any web site."

routabout

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016
Solution (for me) running IE11 with Windows 10 - I run CCleaner free version before my internet sessions (and if needed, during) and went from hair-tearing to "no problem" with "long running scripts" and "no response" messages. Change the CCleaner default settings thus: Options>Advanced>allow cleaning of Windows Temp files less than 24 hours old. Good Luck. Next for me: how to persuade Edge to open and remain open!

AzBaby boomer

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015

THIS WORKED....For 2 years I have tried every suggestion. I even went to Microsoft. When I read your answer I thought HOORAY someone actually had the same problem. I installed the free version. Then I went to "NEWS" selected an article and I got the article. NO script errors..NO reload web page...I was like a kid in a candy store..I read more and more articles..hit every button for more..I spent 3 hours,so far and not a problem..ROUTABOUT..YOU ARE THE BEST:bounce:

routabout

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016

Solution

TRENDING THREADS